[rt-users] Can't assign ticket / Owner drop-down only shows Nobody - WinRT 3.4.5

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 25 17:39:41 EDT 2007

Philip,

	Giving the right to "own" a ticket is not enough. The right
"ModifyTicket" must also be granted if you want someone to modify
status, time, date fields, etc. The "CommentOnTicket" can be used if you
want a user to "only" be able to make comments and the "ReplyToTicket"
and "SeeOutgoingEmail" are just for those abilities (regarding E_mail)
as well. If you envision your use of RT going beyond a few people, then
you should really consider not granting any rights to individuals but
granting those rights to groups and adding the appropriate people to
those groups. Individual rights can become a maintenence nightmare when
a lot of people are using the system. Save "SuperUser" for the one or
two people who manage RT as a whole. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL