[rt-users] RT bottlenecks

Mathew theillien at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 14:48:43 EDT 2007

I've been informed that some are beginning to complain about the speed
of RT when it comes to loading tickets that contain attachments.  This
has led to the question of distributed computing in the way of load
balancing.  I'd like to avoid moving in this direction with RT as we
don't have the need for it.  Our user base is small as is our ticket count.

It would seem that most of the bottleneck comes from actually loading
the page.  I've found that tickets with numerous transactions (exact
number not known) tend to be slow to load even without attachments.

How should I go about pinpointing the bottleneck so I can find a
solution that won't require a major tech refresh?

Mathew
--
Keep up with my goings on at http://theillien.blogspot.com