[rt-users] question about watchers

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 9 13:38:32 EDT 2008

Nelso,

	We have over 75 Queues dedicated toward Application support. No one
works on a ticket until it is assigned. ALL our email requests go
directly to what we call a "Request" Queue where it is reviewed,
prioritized, and when appropriate, moved to the Queue where it will be
worked (status = 'open') on. In the "Request" queue (this sounds like
your unassigned queue), there are several analysts that do the review.
Because it is a queue like any other queue, whenever a ticket is created
there, our global notification for "Ticket Created" sends an email to
the group of users that are given rights to THAT queue informing them
that a ticket was created in their queue. The Queue AdminCc (one of the
users that gets the notification) then assigns the ticket to someone or
someone in THAT support group (XX-Tech_support where XX is the name of
the queue) TAKES the ticket. We also have a global notification that
emails the AdminCc of a queue when a ticket is MOVED to their queue. The
creation of the notification scrips is relatively easy, once one follows
the examples shown in RT:Essentials. You may have fewer queues, but the
notification setup shouldn't be much different.

Kenn
LBNL