[rt-users] SOLVED? LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS error with 'ExternalAuth' extension

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 11 12:50:41 EDT 2008

Mike, Pedro,

	We use LDAP as well and the same setting (Set($AutoCreate, {Privileged
=> 1});) and it works well as far as getting the new user into the DB.
All I have to do after that is put them in the appropriate group the
they will HAVE some privileges. We don't grant many GLOBAL privileges so
if someo wants to do something other than reply to email on their own
ticket or see their own ticket, they have to be in a group.
	The problem I'm having with autocreate is that when an email address is
added to some correspondence in the CC field, then RT adds the entire
email address as a privleged user instead of unprivileged. Once that
happens, they show up in a lot of drop-downs for watcher and then I have
this unrelated "privileged" email address being offered as a possible
USER ID for watchers and many of my regular users don't know which of
the two IDs to select for that one person. It gets irritating and now
I'm considering using SQL to get rid of them. Any ideas on a better
setting for adding email addresses as "unprivileged"? Thanks

Kenn
LBNL