[rt-users] Failure to Create User

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Tue Apr 22 10:10:26 EDT 2008

Emmanuel Nnko wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have installed the RT 3.6.5 originally using it's database (Pg) for
> authentication. Initially it went fine with all the features working.
>
> However, I decided to enable authentication of RT through AD
> (tradardc02.tra.go.tz <http://tradardc02.tra.go.tz>) as shown in the
> attached RT_SiteConfig file. On choosing the priority I set AD as the
> primary choice and 'localhost' - meaning the RT database for
> authentication. Now I am getting the following errors:

Emmanuel, your RT_SiteConfig is a complete mess. You need to remove ALL
your LDAP related settings and start again from scratch using the
information here:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ExternalAuth

To start with, you do not specify the hostname of your AD server in
ExternalAuthPriority. ExternalAuthPriority simply defines which config
sets to use from the ExternalSettings directive. If you only have one AD
server, you should only have one entry in ExternalAuthPriority and it
should be a name you choose for your AD server and it should match the
name of a config set in ExternalSettings.

Also, authentication will always fall back to RT. Any user in RT's
internal database will always be checked if they are not authenticated
out of AD.

Let us know when you've fixed it up a bit.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com