[rt-users] RT stopped working after latest yum updates

Brian Desmond b.desmond at realu.com.sg
Fri Aug 1 05:36:26 EDT 2008

Hi All,

This now seems to be fixed for me. Here's how:

Similar story here - CentOS 5.2 / rt-3.6.6

After yum updates, apache would not restart:

[Mon Jul 28 10:33:48 2008] [error] File::Temp version 0.18 required--this is
only version 0.16 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/MIME/Tools.pm line
14.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/MIME/Tools.pm line 14.\nCompilation failed in
require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/MIME/Entity.pm line 233.\nBEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/MIME/Entity.pm
line 233.\nCompilation failed in require at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/I18N.pm line
64.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/I18N.pm line
64.\nCompilation failed in require at /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 50.\nBEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 50.\nCompilation
failed in require at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 68.\nBEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 68.\nCompilation
failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n

The perl update installed by yum clobbered version 0.20 of File::Temp
installed for RT.

After re-installing it, apache would start, but the RT login page was blank
- the browser did not attempt to download any file.

make fixdeps
/usr/bin/perl ./sbin/rt-test-dependencies --verbose --install --with-mysql

[...snip...]

Everything was found.

My Scalar::Util was from Scalar-List-Utils-1.19 was from my Bugzilla 3.0.x
install. Inspite of all seeming to be good with Bugzilla, I reinstalled it
based on Jesse's hunch below, restarted Apache, and I now can log in.

Thus far, things now seem to be back to normal.

Regards,

Brian

On Jul 21, 2008, at 2:56 AM, Kobus Bensch wrote:

> Hi Jesse
>
> I have managed to resolve the issues here.
>
> I only have one last issue. All RT emails are stuck in the sendmail
> queue with this error:
>
> (Deferred: prog mailer (/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited with EX_TEMPF)
> "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue 'IT
>
> Can you help with this please?

Just tell sendmail to run the queue again now that RT is accepting
mail again.