[rt-users] Forking a ticket

Roedel, Mark MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Mon Aug 25 09:53:40 EDT 2008

I do really like the built-in capability to create a related ticket, but
Dirk's patchset adds a couple of things to it that have been really
valuable to us:

(1) The newly created ticket is preloaded with the contents of a
particular transaction, and

(2) You get to choose which queue the new ticket is going into.

Yeah, we're only saving a bit of copying and pasting and a few clicks,
but streamlining a process is always nice, right?

RT's callback capability made it pretty easy to convert Dirk's patches
into something that looks more like a standalone extension.  Once we get
through the start of classes here, I'll package it up with some
documentation and an installer and make it available.

--
Mark Roedel
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Web Services