[rt-users] ExternalAuth User creation in RT

Keith A McDermott kmcdermo at purdue.edu
Tue Dec 2 14:19:03 EST 2008

Hi,

I've got RT::Authen::ExternalAuth successfully working and it's
validating my users against my LDAP server.  I disabled (commented out)
the disabled-user check as I'll tinker with that later - this is for
testing for now.

Anyway, my account can login to the web interface.  Admittedly, I added
the AutoCreate and WebExternalAuto after I'd already logged in once, but
in the Users table in the RT3 database, I can see my account.  However,
it does not show up on the web interface so I cannot assign any rights
to it.  I have create-ticket security enabled for anyone so my account
is able to create tickets and see them in the queue.

On a side-note, I haven't gotten any email from the web-interface yet.
I have yet to setup the procmail but it still should be able to send
mail if I understand it corrrectly.

Note: I do not know much about Perl so please take that into
consideration in any reply which may require Perl modifications.  :-)

Thanks!
Keith