[rt-users] Attachment Issues

Mark Olliver mark at thermeon.com
Mon Dec 8 07:11:02 EST 2008

Hi,

I have recently installed RT 3.8.1 on a solaris machine. If i send
mail to the server it works ok and creates the ticket without issues.
However if i send a mail to the server with a plain txt attachment the
server fails to load the issue and reports that it cant find a valid
user. I made sure i was using the same user to send the ticket in for
both tests and to the same working queue. The contents of my email in
both cases was limited to a few lines e.g "see attachment" then on one
i would put the test.txt file and the other i would not. However it
fails on the one with the attachment.  I think the issue may be that
the text file is a dump of usernames and email addresses and so it can
not determine what should be the requesters email address.

Regards
Mark

Mark Olliver BSc (Hons) MBCS CITP FCNSA,
Thermeon (Systems Admin)
Russ Hill Farm, Russ Hill, Charlwood, Surrey, RH6 0EL, UK
E. mark at thermeon.com
M. +44 79 20 062 647