[rt-users] Scrip: Notify requestor on queue change to SPECIFIC QUEUE

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 8 10:44:09 EST 2008

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 10:29:26 -0500, vxtrq <rob.wib at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
> In RT I have several queues, lets call them queue1, queue2, queue3 and
> masterqueue for simplicity. What I want to do is, whenever I move a
> ticket
> from ANY queue but ONLY to masterqueue I want to send an e-mail (based
> on a
> template I have) to the requestor.
>
> I'm really stuck at figuring this scrip out. I can't find that much of a
> syntax documentation, so I'm pretty much guessing here. This is what I
> tried
> first:
>
> Condition: User defined
> Action: Autoreply to requestors
> Template: myTemplate
> Stage: TransactionCreate
> Custom Condition:
> if ( $TicketObj->QueueObj->Name eq "masterqueue"; )
> {
> return 0;
> } else {
> return 1;
> }
>
> As it should work whichever queue the ticket is coming from, I'd like to
> make this a global scrip. However, I just can't figure out how to
> proceed.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You're in luck - what you want to do can be done fairly simply.

If you attach a scrip to masterqueue triggered by On Queue Change, it will
fire only when you move a ticket into masterqueue. So on that queue set up
a scrip like this:

On Queue Change Notify Requestors using Template myTemplate

No need for a global scrip or any custom condition coding. myTemplate
should also be attached to the masterqueue.

Steve

--
Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - SAIS