[rt-users] RT 3.8.1 too slow

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Dec 25 23:02:15 EST 2008

Varad,

You haven't given us a whole lot to go on: Some things that
folks here will need to know before anyone's going to
be able to help you:

* Exactly what version of MySQL?

* How much have you tuned mysql?

* What does mysqltuner from mysqltuner.com say?

* Is there a reason you're running the not-really-ready MySQL 5.1 rather
  than the good-deal-more-stable MySQL 5.0 series?

* Exactly what version of Perl? Is it a Red Hat Enterprise Build? Before
 or after the massive performance fix?

* Have you looked into MySQL's slow query log?

* Have you considered setting up a second host for mail handling?

* Tell us about how you've tuned mod_perl/FastCGI

* Show us what queries are slow and the 'explain' output on those.

And, of course, if time is of the essence and you don't have the
necessary resources to tune your RT instance, Best Practical's crack
team of engineers would be happy to work to get your RT instance purring
like a kitten.

Best,

Jesse Vincent
Best Practical