[rt-users] RT2-to-RT3 migration lost ticket data and status change issues

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 31 17:58:17 EST 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Brian Friday wrote:

>>> The status exists in the dumped tickets but that status is not
>>> maintained in the dumpfile to rt3
>>> push rather all resolved tickets are pushed back to new a status we
>>> did not have in RT2.
>>
>> The only change made to Status during the dumpfile -> rt3 script is
>> that if the status
>> is dead it is changed to deleted.
>
> Status is definitely not dead

I assume select Status from Tickets where id = t-58818; returns
resolved?

>> Have you verified the output by using Storable to reinflate one of
>> the
>> stored ticket files?
>
> Without sample code I'd hazard a guess you've lost me regarding what
> or how you wish me to use storable.

Something like
perl -MStorable -MData::Dumper -le 'print Dumper retrieve("t-111111")'
should retrieve the contents.

>> If so, please send along the content (feel free to strip the
>> subject and anonymise
>> the other data) seeing the hash that ends up in the file would help
>> me
>> make
>> suggestions, since the Status field is a rather straightforward copy
>> across the
>> versions.
>
> I had thought so as well but in RT2 we are using status variables
> which do not exist in RT3 and had to be
> added. The comment section of that portion of the SiteConfig indicates
> the existing status's can not be removed.

You can't remove them, there are hooks if you want to rename the rt2
statuses to different ones in rt3 during the import.

> I've sent a off list message containing a sample ticket santized but
> which shows up as resolved in our current database, resolved in the
> ticket dumpfile but new in the RT3 instance. I have also attached
> screenshots of the ticket in the new RT instance showing that the last
> transaction was to resolve the ticket but yet it was imported as new.

I teased apart the ticket file and it doesn't actually have a Status
field,
which explains why it is showing up as new in rt3.

You should verify that FIELD_MAPPINGS in rt-2.0-to-dumpfile
for RT::Ticket contains Status and that your rt2 DB has a
Status column that matches up.  The newer versions of
rt-2.0-to-dumpfile use a hardcoded rt2 schema to avoid
needing a really old version of SearchBuilder to function.

-kevin