[rt-users] Tasks

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 7 18:03:54 EST 2008

Bill,

	Keep in mind, that a "notify .." will not send anything to "whomever"
if "whomever" is the person making the change. As to a scrip to notify
of owner change, I use the following scrip/template code:

#  Scrip code

# check transaction as an owner change; no spam for "nobody"
#
my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;

return 0 unless $trans->Field eq 'Owner';
return 1 unless $trans->OldValue == $RT::Nobody->Id;

# Template code

To:{
      my   $Old_Owner;
      $Old_Owner = RT::User->new($RT::System);
      $Old_Owner->Load( $Transaction->OldValue );
      $Old_Owner->EmailAddress();
    }