[rt-users] RT Reporting - We need your wishlists

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Fri Feb 15 09:40:26 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 09:52:52AM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have an RT hacker working on a new, expanded reporting tool for RT.
> While I can't promise that we'll implement _every_ report you want, we
> could really use your wishlists.
>
> What reporting and statistics do you want to get out of RT?

Here are typical reports that we use here at Rice:

Case Load Trending. -    Year to year trending view, by month of tickets
logged.  Each month's total consists of tickets closed during that month
and currently open tickets.  These are gathered on a per queue basis, then
summed to provide a departmental overview.

Response Time.
-    Response to new tickets is tracked.  Time is calculated  by
subtracting the "Started " field from the " Business Time Start" field.
word "Urgent" in the subject line are sorted into this subset.

Problem Resolution Time.
-    Pie chart breakdown of resolution times.  Current segmentation is same
day, 1-3 days, 3 - 7 days, Greater than a week.  These buckets are
arbitrary and should be user selectable.

Resolution Time - Median
-    The median resolution time for issues are tracked by queue on a
monthly basis.  Used for trend analysis .

Category Breakdown
- Pie Chart to show the distribution of the type of issues being
reported/resolved.  This is a compilation of the information entered in the
custom "Resolution Category" field.  The report should allow the user to
select time windows.  The ability to show trends (year to year shifts)
would also be great.

Regards,
Ken