[rt-users] Disable Auto reply message for a group

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 16 09:40:58 EST 2008

At Wednesday 1/16/2008 02:05 AM, Sean McCreadie wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've been looking through the wiki and mailing lists trying to find
>a solution to this with no success.  I'm sure it's very simple, I'm
>just new to this.  I need to disable the default Auto reply scrip
>for only my Helpdesk team, that way all the unprivileged users will
>still receive the Auto reply, but not the HelpDesk team when they
>create a ticket.  I tried adding this custom condition to the
>default scrip and was able to disable it for one email address, but
>im hoping there is an easy way to check group membership.  Thanks in
>advance for all the help.
>
>if ( $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create" &&
>      $self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses() =~ /MyName\@MyCompany\.com/
>{
>   return undef;
>} else {
>   return 1;

Sean,

1. Did you also set the Condition drop-down entry to 'User defined' ?

2. Check the RT log for error messages.

3. Also, to help debug, you can put this kind of thing in the code:

$RT::Logger->debug("Email is from Help Desk" );

these messages show up in the log.

Steve