[rt-users] Merging two instances

Konstantin Naryzhniy konstantinn at parallels.com
Thu Jan 31 04:24:05 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

I was hoping you could advise me on the RT migration issue we have encountered here at Parallels:

We would like to merge one RT (old one) database in to another RT (new one) without losing any tickets or user data.
These both RTs have about the same number of existing tickets (about 400k) and these tickets numbers are conflicting with each other.
I've scrolled through the Wiki and the Lists, but failed to locate any data on the matter.

Does anyone have experience of performing such a merge? I'd appreciate any recommendations and solution to make sure we do not lose any old RT data when moving to the new RT.
Tricky issues that I see, apart from the id conflicts are:
1)      the 'old' RT is 3.6.5 while the 'new' one's 3.4. Don't ask why=)
2)      the conflicts in user emails can exist. Customers could be registered in both RT instances prior to merging.

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely
Konstantin