[rt-users] Trouble with LDAP authentication (equivalent config)

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Jul 4 03:38:50 EDT 2008

mailing list wrote:
> --- On Thu, 7/3/08, Mike Peachey <mike.peachey at jennic.com> wrote:
>
>> You have got the Auth callback that actually calls the LDAP code
>> haven't you? It would be in $RTHOME/local/html/Callbacks I think.
>
> That was it, thank you.  I copied the file for the LDAP callbacks from
> production machine and now it functions!  What application/file installs
> the LDAP callbacks?  (The dev. machine was installed with ExternalAuth,
> would this have remove the LDAP callbacks?).  I'm just curious what puts
> the LDAP callbacks there.
>
> Thanks a million.  (been troubleshooting this for some time)
>

> Mike

Technically nothing puts it there. ExternalAuth comes as an installable
package and so would put a Callback in place, but it is a callback for
the ExternalAuth package not the basic LDAP overlay.

When using the manual overlay method you must put each file in place
yourself.

I would recommend you get a copy of the original Auth callback. Rather
than mixing and matching between the old and the new. I'm not sure
precisely where it is but I'm sure it's linked from
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/OldLDAP

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com