[rt-users] problems with install

Bo Lynch blynch at ameliaschools.com
Tue Jul 8 08:39:30 EDT 2008

Trying to install RT 3.6.7 on CentOS,MYSQL box. When trying to run the
make initialize-database I get
DBI connect(';host=localhost','root',...) failed: Access denied for user
'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
//opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 105
Failed to connect to dbi:mysql:;host=localhost as root: Access denied for
user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
//opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 105, <STDIN> line 1.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

I am able to login to mysql as root with the password that I supplied with
make. Could someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks
--
Bo