[rt-users] reply via email from AdminCC does not go to Requestor

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 30 09:31:03 EDT 2008

At 7/30/2008 03:53 AM, =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJUElYyVzJUklaRsoQg==?= wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>I am running a new installation of RT3.6, and most things work fine
>except for the following:
>
>A new user can send a mail to RT and properly get automatically
>registered, and the AdminCCs get the new ticket notify sent to them.
>If an AdminCC (or owner) uses the UI to reply, the Requestor is properly
>sent a mail.  However, if an AdminCC (or owner) sends a reply via email,
>the other AdminCCs get notified, but not the Requestor.
>In all cases the Requestor is different from the AdminCC (or owner)
>sending the reply, and the Requestor is an unprivileged user.
>
>I use the stock scrips:
>1. On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
>2. On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction
>3. On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
>4. On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
>5. On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
>6. On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
>7. On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
>8. On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with template
>Correspondence
>
>Scrip 5 should be taking care of sending reply mail back to the
>requestor.  In the logs, I get the much discussed message:

Sounds like the messages coming in from AdminCcs are comments rather
than replies. This could be simply because AdminCcs are replying to
messages generated by scrips 7 or 8, which is the correct behavior.
Or it could be that the queue's reply & comment addresses are the
same - they should be different. Or perhaps there's a mail config
issue (intended replies being forwarded to mailgate as comments).

Steve