[rt-users] Can't call method "Delete" on an undefined value

Paul O'Leary paul_oleary at breconridge.com
Tue Jun 17 14:26:50 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I just migrated our RT 363 instance from a RHEL 4/Oracle Express
instance to a RHEL5.1 64bit Oracle instance. All went fairly well, the
data import seemed to be fine. However, I am having trouble with the
"Take" and assign actions.
If I create a new ticket and then try to take it or assign it to a
person, I get the following error on the web:

---------------------
error:  Can't call method "Delete" on an undefined value
at /usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm line 3045, <GEN65> line 95.
context:

3041:

3042:
# Delete the owner in the owner
group, then add a new one
3043:
# TODO: is this safe? it's not how
we really want the API to work
3044:
# for most things, but it's fast.
3045:
my ( $del_id, $del_msg ) = $self-
>OwnerGroup->MembersObj->First-
>Delete();
3046:
unless ($del_id) {
3047:
$RT::Handle->Rollback();
3048:
return ( 0, $self->loc("Could not
change owner. ") . $del_msg );
3049:
}

code stack:   /usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:3045
/usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:3107
/usr/local/rt/local/html/Ticket/Display.html:129
/usr/local/rt/share/html/autohandler:292

I'm not sure what the problem would be here, I know that I had to update
the sequence numbers when I moved to the new instance. That resolved
ticket creation issues fine.

Cheers

Paul

"This email is confidential. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is
strictly prohibited."