[rt-users] RT goes down with 500 error - "(2)No such file or directory: FastCGI: failed to connect to server "/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi":"

Ryan Hagan ryan.hagan at mailtrust.com
Wed Jun 18 08:29:13 EDT 2008

We're actually seeing something very similar, but we're using lighttpd instead of Apache.  It does seem that it's always a fastcgi process that hangs for us.  Instead of returning a 500 error, though, our FastCGI process just starts eating up 99% of the CPU until we restart lighttpd.

We're using 3.6.3.  We're hoping that upgrading RT to a more recent version will solve this problem.