[rt-users] need help w/ fastcgi..

Joe Casadonte joe.casadonte at oracle.com
Wed Mar 12 10:43:15 EDT 2008

On 3/12/2008 10:06 AM, King, Aubrey wrote:

> Can anyone make a suggestion on this?  I will be more than happy to
> paste whatever you need.  If it's of any use, the apache user and rt
> group are grabbed from ldap.  You can see perms here:

I'd say it's perms related (I know you said you checked, but....)

In particular ($RT3 == base RT install directory):

$RT3/var/mason_data
$RT3/var/session_data
$RT3/var/tmp

should be owned and writable by the apache user (or whatever user your
webserver/fcgi runs as), as well as everything underneath them.

In addition, and this is likely the issue (at least it is for me, usually):

/etc/httpd/logs/fastcgi
/etc/httpd/logs/fastcgi/dynamic

need to be writeable by the fcgi user.  For some reason I have them as
0777 on my system, so maybe it needs to be even more open than that.
Typically, though, this directory (/etc/httpd/logs) is writable for root
only.

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
joe.casadonte at oracle.com

== The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not ==
== necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.               ==