[rt-users] race condition with scrips updating db?

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed May 7 12:16:40 EDT 2008

Chris,

	Yes, I had the same problem awhile back. I change the condition to user
defined and set up my own, then I changed the Stage to TransactionBatch.
The "TransactionBatch" will only work if it is turned on in your
RT_SiteCinfig.pm file "Set($UseTransactionBatch, '1');". For some
reason, it SEEMS that if the condition is NOT user-defined, RT appears
to re-set a lot of values before executing the building of the template
code. By using "TransactionBatch" and "User-defined" and coding

my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;

return ($trans->Type eq "Status" &&
         $trans->NewValue eq "rejected");

	I was able to get around that. I'm not a perl guru so my ability to
really analyze the code that does all this is quite limited (I can't
even figure out why I can't install Rights Matrix and THAT should be
simple). What I do now works without fail. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL