[rt-users] Syslog Problem Under Solaris 10 (Re: RT 3.8 beta 2 now available)

Alan Cheng chenga at ias.edu
Thu May 8 20:02:07 EDT 2008

Hi Ruslan,

 >All options in 3.8 have to be set using Set() function: Set(
@LogToSyslogConf, socket => 'stream' );

Thank you very much for the information.  That fixed the syslog problem!

Now I need to figure out why RT is complaining about "Config"...  I did
check all required Perl modules are installed (make testdeps and fixdeps).

[Thu May  8 18:35:49 2008] [error] Can't locate object method "Config"
via package "RT" at /opt/rt3-beta/bin/webmux.pl line 91.\nBEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt3-beta/bin/webmux.pl line
92.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 249) line 1.\n

Syntax error on line 1100 of /opt/csw/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

Can't locate object method "Config" via package "RT" at
/opt/rt3-beta/bin/webmux.pl line 91.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt3-beta/bin/webmux.pl line 92.

Below is the snippet for httpd.conf
#  General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "/opt/rt3-beta/share/html"
ServerName rt.example.com
ServerAdmin root at localhost
ErrorLog /opt/csw/apache/logs/ssl_error_log
TransferLog /opt/csw/apache/logs/ssl_access_log

    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /opt/rt3-beta/bin/webmux.pl  <----- this is line 1100

    <Location />