[rt-users] Per-queue page customisations?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed May 28 09:12:38 EDT 2008

At 03:28 AM 5/26/2008, Tom Lanyon wrote:
>List,
>
>Is there a way to customise Ticket/Create.html on a per-queue basis?
>
>What we would like to achieve: creating a ticket in QueueA may have a
>different layout and/or different fields visible than when creating a
>ticket in QueueB.
>
>Has anyone done this or can anyone think of a way to do this?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom

We've implemented this by using Attributes to store queue
preferences. You can attach Attribute objects to most RT objects
(Tickets, Queues etc.) - in this case you'd attach them to your Queue objects.

For example, you could choose an attribute name of "ShowOwnerField"
and let it have values of "Yes" or "No". The attribute records would
be attached to the appropriate queue.

You'll have to do some Mason coding, to provide a UI for setting the
queue attributes (on the Queue basics config page), and to modify the
ticket pages to show or hide the Owner drop-down, or other
queue-based customizations.

Steve