[rt-users] Allow a corporate to view all tickets of her employees

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 6 13:15:41 EST 2008

Victor,

	Having all the initial requests in one queue is STILL not a problem.
For example, the customers have different ID's, therefore are different
Requestors. If you grant the "ShowTicket" right to the Requestor role,
instead of Everyone or Privileged or Unprivileged, then ONLY the
Requestor of their own ticket can SEE those tickets in a queue. To
further refine that idea, put all the requestors from one company in 1
group and grant the appropriate rights to THAT group, instead of
Requestors or Everyone or Privileged or Unprivileged. That's how we do
it. Actually, we have one queue that acts as the FIRST or REPOSITORY
queue for requests that come in INITIALLY, and not everyone can see
those. Just the groups that are allowed. So, I think that what you want
to do can be done several different ways, depending on how to grant the
rights. One queue CAN work. Multiple queues WILL work. It all depends on
the kind of maintenance you want to get involved in and your
infrastructure procedures. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL