[rt-users] RT e-mail address listed as one-time Cc and Bcc checkbox

justin at brighton.ac.uk justin at brighton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 13 05:01:27 EST 2008

I haven't configured $RTAddressRegexp (or $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs)
in my RT_SiteConfig.pm.

I just specifically set $RTAddressRegexp with a regular expression to
catch all RT addresses (global and queue specific) and the addresses no
longer show when adding a reply or comment in the web interface, but
surely RT should automatically exclude globally configured _and_ queue
specific correspondence and comment e-mail addresses without the need to
configure these manually?

We do have two domain names, but I use $CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch
and $CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace to rewrite bton.ac.uk to
brighton.ac.uk (RT_Config.pm suggests this is /just/ for RT/User.pm?):

    Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch , '@bton\.ac\.uk$');
    Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace , '@brighton.ac.uk');

Either way, we don't have any e-mail addresses that forward mail to RT.
And all e-mail with the bton.ac.uk domain is rewritten at the mail hub
to brighton.ac.uk. Example headers from a comment transaction in a ticket:

    To: <rt-comment at brighton.ac.uk>

My correspond and comment addresses are configured as:

    Set($CorrespondAddress , 'rt at brighton.ac.uk');
    Set($CommentAddress , 'rt-comment at brighton.ac.uk');

Best regards,
Justin