[rt-users] Ldap Authentication setup question

Sean McCreadie smccreadie at CanyonPartners.com
Wed Oct 29 04:36:18 EDT 2008

Hello,

Ive been battling trying to get AD external Authentication going as
well.  Im pretty new at RT also, but I have read over all the docs and
these posts several times trying to get it working.  I am having the
exact same issue as Michael in this thread, and I haven't been able to
resolve.  Have either of you figured out a solution?  When I got to my
servers URL I am presented with the normal login screen, but if I try to
login as root, I get this error:

RT::User::UpdateFromExternal Unimplemented in HTML::Mason::Commands.
(/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/html/Callbacks/ExternalAu
th/autohandler/Auth line 82)

If I refresh in the browser it then takes me to roots home screen and
everything functions as normal.  I can logout and repeat, I have to
refresh once to get in.  If I try to login as an AD user, I get this
error:

Can't call method "Disabled" on an undefined value at
/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/User_Overlay.pm line 971.

I have drilled over my RT_SiteConfig.pm and compared it to the ones
posted on the lists.  I turned on logging to file and it didn't generate
anything I could see that was related.  I checked file permissions on
the files listed below and they are OK.

 Thanks in advance for all the great help.

Sean