[rt-users] Charset issues after upgrade to 3.8.1

F350 F350bidon at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 10:39:14 EDT 2008

Exactly.
I run the show variables like 'character_set%'; command, here is the output:
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | latin1                     |
| character_set_connection | latin1                     |
| character_set_database   | latin1                     |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                     |
| character_set_results    | latin1                     |
| character_set_server     | latin1                     |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |

I did execute the script again, same problem.
New tickets however are OK and scrambled custom field attributes and
templates can be modified and updated. Is it secure to update everything and
forget about this problem ?