[rt-users] replytoticket, modifyticket and change queue right

Michal Svoboda pht at spatium.org
Mon Feb 2 04:40:59 EST 2009

Hi,

in my RT setup I need to distinguish two groups of people:

1) internal staff which may not directly communicate with requestor
2) support manager who may

I understand that the comment/correspondence mechanism is suitable for
this scenario. However, it is important that the internal staff does not
mistakingly respond with 'reply', thus I need to revoke their right to
do so.

If I understand the rights correctly, one has to remove ReplyToTicket as
well as ModifyTicket. Taking away ModifyTicket removes other goodies
though, such as changing the queue (ie. forwarding of ticket between
departments). And there's no separate "change queue" privilege.

What do you suggest?

Regards,
Michal Svoboda