[rt-users] Approval RT 3.8.2 system approver not specified

Chia-liang Kao clkao at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 27 01:03:07 EST 2009

Hi Ton,

> correspondence is also saying that Nobody has approved the
> ticket (what looks silly in my opinion).

you should in fact set the owner of the approval ticket in your
template, so the owner is notified of the approval and can
perform the approval action.

> I have a global scrip that set the owner when a ticket is
> resolved that currently unowned. This scrip however is running
> after inserting the above template correspondence (I also
> disabled it to test the current default approval behaviour). Is
> this a forgotten step in the approval system, not setting the
> owner for the approval ticket? Is it also not better to grab
> the actor’s name doing the approval instead of depending on the
> actual owner of the approval ticket?

I think the system is designed to have the owner of approval
predetermined.  if you want to allow a group of people to approve
the ticket, you can create multiple tickets in the CreateTicket
template for each of the potential approvers.

Cheers,
CLK