[rt-users] Approval RT 3.8.2 system approver not specified

Hoogstraten, Ton Ton.Hoogstraten at ingram.nl
Wed Feb 25 08:18:27 EST 2009

I'm currently testing the approval system in RT 3.8.2

In the Gerneral queue I've created a template that creates a ticket of
type approval in the ___approval queue. This is working properly and I
can see the ticket in the approval list and can approve/reject it. When
I approve the approval ticket it is resolved and the other ticket is
updated with the information that the ticket is approved. However the
owner in the approval ticket remains nobody and the template inserting
the correspondence is also saying that Nobody has approved the ticket
(what looks silly in my opinion).

The template that is being used for inserting the correspondence should
be:

-------

Subject: Ticket Approved: {$Ticket->Subject}

Greetings,

Your ticket has been approved by { eval { $Approval->OwnerObj->Name } }.

Its Owner may now start to act on it.

Approver's notes: { $Notes }

-------

I have a global scrip that set the owner when a ticket is resolved that
currently unowned. This scrip however is running after inserting the
above template correspondence (I also disabled it to test the current
default approval behaviour). Is this a forgotten step in the approval
system, not setting the owner for the approval ticket? Is it also not
better to grab the actor's name doing the approval instead of depending
on the actual owner of the approval ticket?

Can someone verify this behaviour? I could be missing a step or doing
something wrong.

Thank you,

Ton