[rt-users] Tickets see right - only the owned ones

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 26 13:32:24 EST 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 04:58:57 -0500, Bostjan9 <bostjan.vidmar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is it possible that users can see only the tickets they own? Idea is that
> the head of IT department create project(master ticket) and
> subtasks(child
> tickets) for sub departments. Head of sub department can see all tickets
> in
> queue of his department, but other users can only see tickets they own.
>
> Must we create queue for each user to achive that ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bostjan

I don't think you need a separate queue for each user. Probably a queue
for each sub department? Can sub department heads see Sounds like you have
three roles:

- IT department head
- sub department head
- worker

Create:
  -  a single group containing IT department head(s).
  -  a group for each subdept, each containing sub department head(s)
  -  a group for each subdept, each containing sub dept workers
  -  queue for each sub dept

For each queue, set up group rights:
- all access for IT dept head group
- all access for appropriate sub dept head group
- 'OwnTicket' for appropriate worker group
- ShowTicket etc. for Owner role

So a worker will not be able to see tickets unless they are the owner.

If you're talking about a single queue for the whole department, a similar
scheme would apply.

Good luck,
Steve

--