[rt-users] Started date is incorrect when owner replies via email

Sara Kinner sara.kinner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 12:10:50 EDT 2009

We use RT's "started" date to generate statistics on how quickly we
action issues, but noticed that emailing a ticket does not update the
"started" date.

Is there a workaround for this?

I realize we could look at all transactions for a given ticket and
find the earliest one where the transaction is a correspondance and
the transaction creator is the ticket owner, but that seems tedious.

I'm guessing RT avoids updating the started date on email transactions
just in case the requestor sends a followup email or something
similar.

Thoughts?