[rt-users] rt 3.8.4 customization (FreeBSD)

Steve Sizemore steve at ls.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 16 15:18:46 EDT 2009

Thanks very much for your helpful message. Using that, I was able
to figure it out. Just in case anyone else faces this, I'm reporting
what I found.

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009, Agnislav Onufrijchuk wrote:

> Look into /usr/local/share/rt38/lib/RT.pm file, find $MasonLocalComponentRoot
> variable. It contains path for web modification. If its value is 'local/html',
> you can just create directory /usr/local/share/rt38/local/html manually, then
> create Ticket directory under it and put your modified Display.html inside.

When installed via the FreeBSD port, RT.pm is actually located in
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/RT.pm.  The value for
$MasonLocalComponentRoot is '/usr/local/www/rt38'.

> If $MasonLocalComponentRoot contains another value, just do the same steps, as
> above, but instead of 'local/html' create directory set in the variable.

This is exactly correct, although not intuitive. My first attempt was to create
/usr/local/www/rt38/html, and put the modifications there. When that didn't work,
I reread your message, and created /usr/local/www/rt38/Ticket/Display.html, and
sure enough, it works.

Thanks again.
Steve
--
Steve Sizemore <steve (at) ls.berkeley.edu>, (510) 642-8570
Unix System Manager