[rt-users] Strange NoAuth image problems!

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 16 17:11:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 01:41:00PM +0200, Sven Sternberger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mi, 2009-07-15 at 12:09 -0400, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:39:28AM +0200, Sven Sternberger wrote:
> > > Can't locate object method "SendStaticFile" via package
> > > "RT::Interface::Web" at /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/autohandler
> > > line 6.
> >
> > There was a change made to this code between 3.8.2 and 3.8.3
> > Make sure you don't have local customizations to RT::Interface::Web or
> > the autohandlers.
>
> yes indeed we customized! In "local/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm" we
> modified "WebCanonicalizeInfo"
> btw. is there an other way to have a customized version of this
> function?

You probably want local/lib/RT/Interface/Web_Local.pm
and to only have the one function that you modify in that file.

> > The Alias you mention above is generally only mentioned for fast_cgi
> > installations.  Both the SetHandler default and Alias lines try to
> > block Mason from interpreting images as mason files, without knowing
> > what error you triggered it is hard to say what caused your error.
>
> It looks like the order of the locations is meaningful. Most people
> wouldn't notice that there images are delivered through mason,
> because of their autohandler.

Interesting, I couldn't make the Location order fail, but it may just
have been my test case.  If you have an image + config that blows up,
feel free to send something to rt-bugs and we can get the ordering in
README flipped.

-kevin