[rt-users] Commands by Email

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Jul 22 15:14:49 EDT 2009

Way back in the day, when I was heavily involved in the development of
RT, there was a way to send commands in to RT to set some of the
metadata (queue, owner, status, etc).

Now that the place I am at is heavily entrenched in to RT 3.8.4 and our
separate front-end form submission system is nearing completion (it's on
an ASP server.. not by my choice, but it is what it is..), I'm looking
in to how to get the latest RT to do the same.  I installed the
CommandsByMail extension, and it is parsing the email, but it isn't
parsing everything.  In fact, it is only processing the Owner setting.

I get the feeling like I am missing syntax, ordering, or something, but
I am not getting a lot (any) of debugging out of it.  Additionally, the
documentation is relatively slim.

Any pointers in the right direction are more than welcome. :)

Thanks!
-Rich