[rt-users] Auto-open Resolved Ticket

rmp dmd rmp.dmd1229 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 10:02:34 EDT 2009

Thank you for the advise Toby.

Though I really do not have an idea on how to fire "On Status Change"

I plan to use it on a cron job in Perl as suggested earlier. If there's a
way to run the "On Status Change" scrip on cron job, that will be good. If
not, I need to check other methods.

#!/usr/bin/perl
my $cmd = '/usr/bin/rt list  ';
my $qry = $cmd . qq/\"priority = '199' AND due <= 'today'\"/;
my @res = `$qry`;
for (@res) {
   chomp;
    my $tic_sub = `/bin/echo $_ | /bin/cut -f2 -d":"`;
    my $tic_num = `/bin/echo $_ | /bin/cut -f1 -d":"`;
    system ("/usr/bin/rt edit 'ticket/$tic_num' set status=open");
    # put here how to fire up on Status Change Scrip
}