[rt-users] Malformed sort order header links in Quick Search -> (queue-name)

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jul 31 12:43:50 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 04:46:19PM +1000, Leif Terrens wrote:
> Howdy all,
> I'm having a bit of trouble after upgrading from RT version 3.0.9 on
> mysql4 to 3.8.4 on mysql5 running on Solaris 10.
> I've managed to build and install all of the RT pre-requisites
> correctly, built the RT package according to the options I desired.
> Apache and mysql have been correctly upgraded and configured; I get to
> login and poke around fine other than the problem I've encountered.
> The problem occurs when I select a Queue from the Quick Search box on
> the right hand side of the Home screen. The Queue displays correctly
> visually-wise, tickets are displayed and I'm able to select the tickets
> by clicking either the ticket ID number or the ticket subject name. The
> problem is that the header links ( #, Subject, Status etc ) all have
> click-able links that are malformed. An example of this is :
> http://<my host here>/Search/Results.html?Format=    '<b><a
> href="__WebPath__/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__id__</a></b>/TITLE:#', 

__WebPath__ and the other tokens are substituted when the search
results are displayed.  The key here is that this is a Format being
passed along with the query at the end.  They're not supposed to be
replaced at this point (Look for the ParseFormat mason component).

If you're actually getting an error from your browser, that would be
interesting to see.  We've not seen a bug report for it.


> '<b><a
> href="__WebPath__/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__Subject__</a></b>/TITLE:Subject', 
> Status,    QueueName,     OwnerName,     Priority,     '__NEWLINE__',
> '',     '<small>__Requestors__</small>',
> '<small>__CreatedRelative__</small>',
> '<small>__ToldRelative__</small>',
> '<small>__LastUpdatedRelative__</small>',
> '<small>__TimeLeft__</small>'&Order=ASC&OrderBy=Created&Page=1&Query=Queue
> = '<my queue here>' AND (Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' OR Status =
> 'stalled')&Rows=50
> ( Above URL is URL decoded from the URL thats sent in the page. )
> As can be seen, the link is malformed and it seems that there's a number
> of variables that have failed to be substituted. I'm just wondering if
> I've come across something strange or if I've mucked up somewhere along
> the way causing this to happen.
> Note of interest: I've changed the WebBaseURL from the previous install,
> and have cleared the Mason caches since. LDAP auth was used previously,
> but i'm not yet up to the cutover so apache/mod_ldap hasn't been done
> yet - I doubt that would have any impact here. Any configuration/output
> that might be helpful to debug, I can provide. This RT instance has over
> 202 thousand tickets, so is fairly sizable, but again I doubt that's
> causing the issue.
> Hope that someone can shed some light -
> Leif
> _______________________________________________
> http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users
> Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
> Commercial support: sales at bestpractical.com
> Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly Media. 
> Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

More information about the rt-users mailing list