[rt-users] R: a couple bugs in RT 3.8.3

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Fri Jun 5 04:53:16 EDT 2009

Hi Kevin!

Da: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] Per conto di Kevin Falcone
Inviato: giovedì 4 giugno 2009 16.31
A: RT Users
Oggetto: Re: [rt-users] a couple bugs in RT 3.8.3

>On Jun 4, 2009, at 8:44 AM, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:
>
>> Just a few things I've found out so far:
>>
>> -  the new "homepage refresh interval" option in "preferences"
>> doesn't work
>
>You'll need to tell us more, it works for me.

Well, there's not much more I can say.

I have set the HomePageRefreshInterval variable in RT_SiteConfig this way:

Set($HomePageRefreshInterval, 2);

Now, if I go in my preferences I see: "Home page refresh interval: Use system default(2)". So it seems correct, but it is NOT working (the RT at a glance page does not refresh). The "Refresh" box in the home page reports "Don't refresh this page".

If I go in my preferences and set the "Home page refresh interval" to "Refresh home page every 2 minutes.", then I log out and back in, I still see "Don't refresh this page" in the home page, and indeed the page does not refresh.

If I explicitely set "Refresh home page every 2 minutes." in the "Refresh" box in the home page, then it DOES work.

I see most of the users on the mailing list have it working though... could it be that I have forgotten something during the upgrade? Or do you have other tips?

>> - when I'm root and I click on "configuration"->"users"-
>> >"whichever_user_name"->"History", I have this error message:
>>
>> Can't locate object method "Name" via package "No object mapping for
>> field" (perhaps you forgot to load "No object mapping for field"?)
>> at /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Extension-ForkTicket/html/Callbacks/RT-
>> Extension-ForkTicket/Ticket/Elements/ShowTransaction/ModifyCommand
>> line 7.
>>
>> it seems the culprit is the "ForkTicket" extension. maybe it is
>> broken by the recent upgrade?
>>
>It certainly seems like ForkTicket is breaking, but that isn't
>maintained by us and doesn't
>seem to be on CPAN so I'm not sure where you should report the bug.
>Hopefully the author
>reads the list.

Yes, that was my intent.

Thank you!