[rt-users] Ticket history name format change

Speagle, Andy andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Thu Jun 11 08:10:29 EDT 2009

Hi there...

Sorry for the late bump, but I recently had to figure this one out on my own.  I'm running RT 3.8.2 here and the best way to do this...

(fix the paths and/or commands to fit your platform/installation)

mkdir -p /opt/rt3/local/html/Ticket/Elements
cp -p /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowTransaction /opt/rt3/local/html/Ticket/Elements/

Edit the new file... CHANGE:

      <% $Transaction->CreatorObj->Name %> - <% $TicketString %> <% $desc %>

TO: (should be around line #62 or so)

      <% $Transaction->CreatorObj->RealName %> - <% $TicketString %> <% $desc %>

Restart your web server... which should clear any cache (or at least does for me).

2009/5/13 Dániel Omaisz-Takács <otdmunka[at]gmail.com>:
> Hi all, please help me, i need to change the username format in the
> ticket history to display not the username but the realname instead!
> For example:
> I have the users with random login chars:
> S2ttkt is Adam Kovacs
>
> S2ttkt - Ticket 44: Correspondence added
> Adam Kovacs - Ticket 44: Correspondence added
>
> I tried changeing the Set($UsernameFormat to RealName, Verbose etc but
> nothing seams to modify the transaction creators name display format.

Good luck,

Andy