[rt-users] Email copies of replies to senders

Dominic Lepiane Dominic.Lepiane at ptgrey.com
Fri Jun 12 19:03:04 EDT 2009

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply, I think that's what we are looking for.

When I took another look in the mailing list archives, I saw mention of
this being added as a user setting / preference in an email from 2005.
We couldn't find any such setting in 3.8.3, is this feature available
somewhere?

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-November/035022.html

//>/ With the notify actor setting of 0, RT won't send mail to the 'actor' -
/>/ the thinking is that you've made the update so you don't need to be notified
/>/ of the update. You can, of course change the setting to 1 in which case you
/>/ will get the mail. Does that answer your question?
/>/
/>/ This has caused confusion for some of our users who aren't aware of this
/>/ feature and expect to see mail. We are about to introduce a user preference
/>/ that controls this so that the individual can choose what behavior they
/>/ want.
/>/
/>/ Steve
/>/