[rt-users] Question on custom scrip condition

Kevin Gagel gagel at cnc.bc.ca
Tue Jun 16 17:53:12 EDT 2009

My users don't want to use priorities so they've had me create 4 levels for urgency. They only want to be notified by email on an item that has the highest urgency level set. So I want to setup a custom condition that tests for that level and then sends an email to the user if that specific level is set.

 So, I have a custom field of "Urgency" which can have a value of URGENT, High, Medium, Low, or Project.
 I have the template made already for the email to be sent out and the scrip configured for it. I just don't know how to write the custom condition to put into the scrip. How do I write the condition to test for "URGENT" and indicate the action to send the email?

All the references I'm finding in the RT Essentials have me a bit confused, am I supposed to right a new module to make this scrip or can I just add the perl code to the condition (not that I know what code I have to enter just yet).

Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
Local 5448
My blog: