[rt-users] Difference between a CC and a Requestor

Michael Poole mdpoole at troilus.org
Wed Jun 24 07:34:41 EDT 2009

Richard Brady writes:

> Hi folks
>
> I am struggling to understand the difference between a CC and a Requestor? When
> adding extra people to a ticket, it's not clear whether they should be added as
> one or the other.
>
> Any clarification would  be much appreciated. (I have looked for documentation
> on this but have not found much).

The rule of thumb used with the RT instance I use: A Requestor is
someone who can provide more detail on the problem or question being
asked in the ticket.  Cc is anyone else who has hands-on interest in
when or how the ticket is resolved.  (AdminCc are those who have
monitoring or other indirect interests in the ticket.)

Michael Poole