[rt-users] RT Internal Server Error

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Thu Jun 25 12:06:57 EDT 2009

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 07:27:12 +0530, "Varun Vyas"
<varun.power6000 at gmail.com> said:
> I m facing problem with my RT 3.6.3 i have apache 2 installed with
> fastcgi implemented and 8GB of ram in  application server. But quite often i m
> getting "Internal Server Error 500" and when i see the logs it shows
> error like incomplete header received from server and comm with server error.
> And as far as i know this happens frequently when we try to close ticket.
> Although tickets gets closed but we got internal server error and page
> gets irresponsive. We have to wait for certain minutes after that again
> refreshing makes all thing normal. But i m not able to get why we are
> encountering this problem

I had a similar issue, turns out there is a bug in some versions of
DBD::MySQL that cause a segfault.  Upgrading to 4.10 fixed the issue for
me.  To see if this is the problem you are having, run the attached Perl
script.  If it segfaults, then your problem is with DBD::MySQL.