[rt-users] Difference between a CC and a Requestor

gordon at cryologic.com gordon at cryologic.com
Thu Jun 25 17:37:37 EDT 2009

The role of watchers (CC, Requestor, AdminCc and Owner) can be
customised to meet specific requirements. Using scrips and templates
different emails can be sent to different watchers and different rights
can be assigned for modifying tickets. And, with custom scrips,
different actions can be taken. The default roles have been outlined in
the other replies to this question.

As an example for our Customer Support tickets we assign the watcher
roles as this:
Requestor:  Customer with issue. Receives automated and customer
specific emails
Owner: Person responsible for contacting customer. Only owners can Reply
(send emails to Requestors) to tickets and have full rights to ticket
modifications
AdminCc: Staff member required to add input to ticket issue. They
receive automated email notifying them them their input is required. Can
comment on tickets.
Cc: Staff member with interest in issue. Receives all emails generated.

regards
Gordon