[rt-users] Autoreply to Actor only

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 07:08:04 EDT 2009

Hi folks

I am trying to write a Scrip to autoreply to only the actor of a
transaction. When a ticket is closed and someone tries to correspond, I want
to autoreply with a message advising that further correspondence is not
possible. I am currently using Autoreply to Requestors and CCs, but this
sends the notification to everyone. Now I have put custom conditions in my
other scrips to not relay the correspodnence on a closed ticket, so other
requestors are getting the "bounce" message and won't know where it's from.

I don't believe this is related to the global NotifyActor setting which has
been discussed several times on this list.

I think the problem here is that I know how to write a custom condition, but
I have no idea how to write a custom action which sends an email. If I could
find an example of a custom action that replies to ticket requestors, I
could probably modify it to send to transaction actor instead, but I can't
find such an example.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Richard

--