[rt-users] Extracting Custom Fields from Email

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Fri Jun 26 12:46:09 EDT 2009

Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2009, at 7:21 PM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>
>> Anyone one have a set of instructions (I've looked at and tried the
>> wiki, read the Harrier book for some background, and tried several
>> configurations) for setting up RT to _process_ the custom fields out
>> of
>> an email.
>>
>> CentOS 5.3 (Linux-Vserver guest)
>> RT 3.8.4
>> PostgreSQL 8.3.x (on a remote system)
>>
>> Installed the package RT::Extension::ExtractCustomFieldValues,
>
> If you have debug logging turned on, the CPAN version of ECFV is
> very chatty

Thanks Kevin.

There might have been a brain-fart on my part involved.  I haven't got
back to it this AM but while dozing off last night I had the thought I
was sending to the wrong queue/email address.  No wonder it wasn't
processing.

>> Created a custom field.
>>
>> Name: Contact
>> Type: Enter one value
>> Applies to: Tickets (should this be TicketTransactions?)

I also realized I am unclear as which to use: Tickets or TicketTransactions.

>> Created a template: ScanTesting
>>
>> with this content;
>> ### <cf-name>|<Headername>|<MatchString>|<Postcmd>|<Options>
>> Contact|body|Contact:\s*.*
>
> You probably wanted (.*) to capture the value

Yeah I was thinking I wanted it with one or none spaces.  Why?  Who knows.

\\||/
Rod