[rt-users] RT Emails Being Blocked by Various Providers

Steven Christou christ66 at uwm.edu
Fri Mar 6 15:52:37 EST 2009

Local SMTP servers do not work good with sending emails out. This is
because most company email servers will detect that the email  is not
going through their server, so it will automatically  be considered spam
and receive high spam scores. The email server thinks that your computer
is infected with a virus sending out emails. As a Network Admin, I see a
lot of this type of stuff flying around (viruses sending out emails). If
you do not know how to use SMTP with RT, just put this in the
RT_SiteConfig.pm file:

Set($NotifyActor, 1); #sends email to person who made changes also (optional)

Set($UserFriendlyToLine, 1); #more user friendly when creating tickets

Set($MailCommand, 'smtp'); #we want smtp

Set($SMTPServer 'mail.server.com'); #This is your email SMTP server

Set($SMTPFrom, undef); #options from here below are optional

Set($SMTPDebug, 0);

Set($SendmailPath, 'undef');

Set($SendmailArguments, 'undef');

Hopefully this will help. I do not know the entire scenario, but maybe
it helped.

Thanks,
Steve