[rt-users] RT 3.8 on Ubuntu Hardy

Shawn Smith asorbus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:07:04 EDT 2009

Hi, I've installed RT 3.8 on an Ubuntu Hardy server from the Debian package
at

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-request-tracker/packages/request-tracker3.8/trunk/debian/

It works totally fine aside from the fact that it's got a significant visual
bug.  Here's how it's produced:

1. Click on queue in the Quick Search menu on the right hand side.
2. Click on a ticket in that queue.
4. Refresh the page.

The error that occurs is that nothing gets rendered properly, so it's just a
white background with a bunch of blue links for the tickets and text for the
different fields of each ticket.  In /var/log/apache2/error.log I see stuff
like:

[Tue Mar 10 13:38:48 2009] [notice] child pid 24484 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)
Out of memory!
Callback called exit.

and:

[Tue Mar 10 18:02:36 2009] [crit]: Apache2::RequestIO::print: (104)
Connection reset by peer at /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm
line 1034 (/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/libexec/webmux.pl:150)

My boss suggested changing MaxRequestsPerChild in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
to a low number other than 0, but that still did not fix the error.  If
anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate any advice you can
provide.

--
Shawn